Friday, November 4, 2011

Relationships Are Like Diluting an Acid in a Solution

While watching my friend play a mix of angry birds and plants v zombies, I found 
an error in why people's advice with relationships goes so wrong, unless they 
know both parties personally <b>and</b> has seen the two people spend time 
together. 

I have several examples of this. First, when my friend, and we'll call her Judy, 
told me that she was into a guy from her math class (we're in two completely 
different classes) I was first, "Oh, wow, again okay time to kick into 
supportive friend mode." But the things she told me he said were pretty 
convincing; that he had long term relationships before, that if they were 
together he wanted to get tested (a sign of sexual maturity I thought, and that 
they trusted each other to go together), that he wanted to have her meet his 
parents and friend's. To me this was incredible. Finally, someone Judy liked 
that wasn't just into her for sex, but wanted a serious relationship with. Then 
three days later, I find out he's not into commitment anymore and just wants to 
hang out. 

I know I missed something there. Besides Judy's infamous past with men before, 
there was no sign, from what she told me, that he was going to end up being a 
giant d-bag. 

Another example: I was trying to figure out what these texts from a guy friend 
meant. I was explaining to two girl friend's of mine. 

"Well what's tipping you off that there's something?" they asked.
 
"He keeps trying to have me break up with my boyfriend-"

"Who does that? Like. Only if he's into you." they said, cutting me off. This went on 
as I shared that we hang out a lot, and talk and such, but what really happened was
 this.
I was trying to convince myself that he was into me, because it would be a 
great boost to my ego and confidence. But I left out everything else. As if 
what I was sharing was an acid or a base, and then you wanted to keep it 
concentrated so you leave out all the evidence that would dilute the "he likes 
you" stuff.
  
But hey. I'm a chem nerd, so this is how I see things now. v_v 

No comments:

Post a Comment